Introduction to Bluetooth Remote Control using Arduino Nano:
Bluetooth Remote Control: In modern technology , wireless communication has been playing a key role. In this project , we basically work on controlling a bot using an android app. It is the basic building project with further advancement and features adding up can build in a huge one. You can use the concepts discussed here in order to improve your project controls and make advancements in same.
Report Submitted by: Avish Porwal.
Components for Bluetooth Remote Control:
- Arduino Nano ( Atmega 328 )
- Bluetooth Module (HC – 05)
- D.C Motors (4 nos) (300 rpm)
- IC L293d (2 nos)
- Bluetooth RC Controller Android App
- Battery (12 V dc )
- Robo-Tyres ( 4 nos )
Working of Bluetooth Remote Control:
Above figure shows block diagram of the system, we send a string data for example any alphabet suppose ‘S’. This alphabet is transmitted continuously from an android smartphones bluetooth to the paired bluetooth, in our case HC-05 module. HC-05 is connected with serial port of Arduino Nano. HC-05 transmits the received alphabet to Arduino Nano, we write a program logic wherein some action is assigned to any particular alphabet.
Connections for Bluetooth Remote Control:
- 5V and GND pins of Bluetooth module to 5V pin and GND of Arduino Nano respectively.
- Tx and Rx pins of Bluetooth module to D10 and D11 pins of Arduino Nano respectively.
In this as we are controlling 4 motors we are going to use 2 l293d.
- Now connect pin no 1 , 8 and 16 of both IC’s together and connect it to positive end of 12v battery.
- Connect pin no 4 and 5 together and pin no 12 and 13 together of both IC’s and then connect to the ground terminal of 12v battery.
- Ground pin no 7 and 10 of both IC’s as we required only 1 input for each motor.
- Connect motor between pin no 3 and 6 & pin no 14 and 11 of each IC’s respectively.
- Now as per the code , connect pin D5 and D6 to pin no 2 and 15 of IC1 respectively & pin D7 and D8 to pin no 2 and 15 of IC2 respectively.
Instruction for Bluetooth Remote Control App:
- First of all make the above connection of bluetooth module with arduino nano.
- Then turn on bluetooth on your android phone .
- You will a device name HC – 05 .
- Then select on Pair.
- It will ask for a password . The password is 1234
- When you done with pairing open the app.
- It will ask Bluetooth permission – select yes.
- Then in the app go to connect to car option and select device name HC-05 which you just now paired.
- You will the Red blinking on the app turns into Green. This indicates that the connection is establish.
- Now make the movement and see the rotation of motor accordingly.
App is freely available on Google Play Store.